We’ve all had the classic chocolate covered strawberry on a romantic night, but these recipes are sure to resurge your love of chocolate covered strawberries…on Steroids!
Chocolate Covered Strawberries with Nuts
A little twist on the classic, with almonds, adding a salty sweetness to die for!
- 4 semi-sweet chocolate
- 12 large fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup almonds, toasted and finely chopped
- In small heavy saucepan,heat chocolate on lowest heat,stirring frequently until chocolate is almost melted.
- Remove from heat and stir until smooth.
- Pour melted chocolate into small bowl.
- Hold strawberry by stem end and dip straight down into melted chocolate until 2/3 of the way up strawberry.
- Immediately roll strawberry in chopped almonds.
Chocolate Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
Why didn’t I think of this!? It’s genius! Who doesn’t love cheesecake? This remix includes cheesecake mix stuffed into the top of the strawberries and drizzled in your favorite toppings.
- 8 ounces cream cheese (room temp)
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup chocolate spread (Hershey’s)
- 1 dozen strawberries
- Add all ingredients (except strawberries) into a bowl of an electric mixer and mix until smooth.
- Cut an “X” into the bottom of each strawberry and spread open.
- Fill each strawberry with the mix. Serve immediately or chill until ready to serve
Strawberry Chocolate Nachos
Much more casual, this sweet snack kind of reminds me of a funnel cake! Try this recipe with friends!
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 bag (8 oz) cinnamon sugar pita chips
- ⅓ cup caramel topping
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- In small bowl, place chocolate chips. In 1-cup microwavable measuring cup, microwave whipping cream uncovered on High 30 seconds or until hot. Pour hot cream over chocolate chips; let stand 1 minute. Stir until melted and smooth.
- Place pita chips on large serving platter, overlapping slightly. Drizzle with chocolate mixture and caramel topping. Sprinkle with strawberries, marshmallows and coconut. Serve immediately.
Inside Out Chocolate Strawberries
The opposite of chocolate covered strawberries, inside out chocolate strawberries is the same great taste, but a different look and texture. Instead of biting into the chilled chocolate shell, you’re tasting the strawberry first, and then getting into the chocolatey filled center!
- 2 dozen large strawberries
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 4 squares of chocolate candy coating (almond bark)Cut off the tops of the berries. Then place the hulled out strawberries in a egg carton so they would stand up to be filled.
- Put both types of chocolate in a bowl and melted cooking 30 seconds at a time in the microwave and stirring after each 30 seconds until smooth.
- Then pour, funnel (which I did), or spoon the chocolate into the berries. and wait for the chocolate to harden. Serve them with some whipped cream to dip them in.
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cheesecake Bites
Much like the cheesecake stuffed strawberries, the chocolate covered strawberry cheesecake bites are filled with cheesecake mix and dipped in chocolate and crushed almonds…
For the record…my mouth is watering!
- 1 package milk chocolate chip
- 2 tablespoons butter ( or shortening )
- 1 package graham crackers ( crushed into crumbs)
- 3 dozen strawberries
- 6 ounces cream cheese (room temp )
- 1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Wash and hull the berries, leaving a hole in the top of each berry. Dry completely.
- In a mixing bowl combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Transfer into a piping bag or a gallon sized zip lock bag. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Crush the graham crackers in a ziplock back with a rolling pin or spin in a food processor. Place in a small bowl and set aside.
- Prepare 2 baking sheets with parchment or wax paper. Set aside.
- In a double boiler or microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate with the shortening or butter. If melting in the microwave cook on high for about 20 seconds. Remove from the microwave and stir the chocolate. Return and cook on 10 second increments until the chocolate is smooth.
- Remove the filling from the fridge and pipe into a hollow strawberry. Dip the filled strawberry in melted chocolate then immediately into the graham cracker crumbs. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with each strawberry until both pans are full then refrigerate the baking sheets until the chocolate is set.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Got anymore awesome remixes to the classic chocolate covered strawberry? Share them with us below!